LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

My engine won't come out HELP.

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

My engine won't come out HELP.

Postby St George » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:18 pm

Series three LI 150 fitted to a SIL Frame. I want to take the engine out and the engine mounting seems to be corroded to the silent blocks. I have left the garage just in case I pick up a hammer and cause catastrophic damage. Top tips please.
St George

Re: My engine won't come out HELP.

Postby jonno » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:03 pm

Cone dislodged,does it move at all ?
jonno

Postby St George » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:30 pm

I put some spacers inside the nut and wound it back on, it acted like a puller and is drawing it out gradually, think I am getting there. Need to order new cones as they are not too expensive but don't know which ones. There appear to be two types. Thanks for reply.
St George

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:01 pm

You can use either type, dependent of what mounts you have fitted. The earlier cone is completely conical, whereas the later SX type with the larger engine mounts has a cone with a shoulder on. Or the edge taken off, whichever way you look at it. I can't imagine why you might want to fit the earlier type as the later mounts are probably preferable.
ToBoldlyGo

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3