LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Rev counter questions

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Rev counter questions

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:57 pm

Hopefully, "unfortunately" with more time on their hands, somebody might find the time to help with some queries I have.

Krober: it would be a more useable device if interior lighting could be added. Does anybody have a Krober/Pisch/Motoplat tachometer with lighting that can advise me of how it should be done, please? Or is it a case of adding something like a few LED's @ the bottom behind the screen 'mask?'

Scitsu: mine was sent for assessment but returned, in bits(!) @ my insistence because all they wanted to do was sell me a new one. Who do they think they are? Are they unaware of how tortuous Lambretta ownership can be with regards to anything electrical? We'll have a go @ fixing anything!.....Gulp! Seriously, I have checked the internal battery, which holds a charge, but didn't charge prior to sending it away due to a defective plug/socket/lead. The internal wiring is all disconnected, so I'd like to know if anybody can/has disassembled their's @ any stage to obtain a wiring circuit diagram. BTW, this might be a push too far ;) but allegedly they can be modified to run on a machine's 12 volt (DC battery in my case) power, which would be the icing on the cake.....

Mychron 3: there is a four pin connection on the back which needed dismantling when I repaired mine (cracked screen & the front face needed 'welding'). I'd like to obtain a new connector & wondered if any experts can tell me the type & availability. Or do I trawl the RS or Farnell catalogues, because I dare not even guess @ the official 'genuine' AIM retail price.

Many thanks in anticipation & I hope we can all get through our current situation :)
Warkton Tornado No.1

Re: Rev counter questions

Postby nickw » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:49 pm

Just checked my krober. Two wires come from it, red and black. Red I have connected to red wire in headlamp and black to the brown . Strangely the light on mine is always on.
nickw

Re: Rev counter questions

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:45 am

nickw wrote:Just checked my krober. Two wires come from it, red and black. Red I have connected to red wire in headlamp and black to the brown . Strangely the light on mine is always on.

Thank you for responding.

I have had mine to bits to change the dial face, so I know that it has no lighting or wiring to suit. If the dial faces were transluscent, rather than alloy, back lighting would be simple to add.

Ideally, somebody will be able to tell me what form the lighting takes, or post a photo image.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3