LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

light weight flywheels

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

light weight flywheels

Postby stephena » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Evening All I have fitted a scootronics stator plate and I am very pleased with it. I see he is now selling mid weight flywheels what are the advantages or not of fitting them. Thanks.
stephena

Re: light weight flywheels

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:10 pm

I think they are a good compromise. I can't really think of a downside. The engine feels quite nippy and you barely notice it to be honest. They do like to rev a little more maybe and feel smooth at speed. The only thing I have noticed is that the engine feels a tiny bit stop, start when it's cold. But that's it.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby Dazts1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:12 pm

All of the above and also more crank friendly. Less likely to twist when you miss one of them gear changes we all do from time to time. Plus it may just balance the flywheel a bit better if there a Indian flywheel he’s doing. We’ve turned a few down on the lathe and some are all over the place.
There’s only positives I think.
Dazts1

Postby rossclark » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Scootronics one also has some extra slots for checking clearance on the pickup and pole pieces.
rossclark

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3