LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

S.I.P speedo in series 1.

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

S.I.P speedo in series 1.

Postby kevspeed » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Having a bit of trouble finding space,and where to thread the wiring through in my series 1 headset.
The thing is,I've also got an ignition switch fitted,along with the TV switches,and a larger throttle roller,plus the cable from the thumb choke,so as you can imagine,it's a bit of a squeeze!
Anyone offer any tips or solutions to the lack of space?
Thanks.....Kev
kevspeed

Re: S.I.P speedo in series 1.

Postby HxPaul » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Theres a photo on page 231 of "sticky's"second edition.
HxPaul

Postby kevspeed » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Yep,seen that,i still have loads of wires and no room :( ,nowhere for the wires from the speedo to go :( :(
kevspeed

Postby bike grim » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:39 pm

Exactly the same as me, I ditched the ignition switch in the end and went back to cut out button.
bike grim

Postby Raveydavey » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:28 pm

I carefully managed to get mine through on the gear side. I taped each socket individually with insulation tape to a cable tie and used that to thread it through the very small gap in front of the headset clamp bolt. They fit. It just takes a lot of patience and a good hour of time
Raveydavey

Postby Marty ULC » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:30 pm

I just about fitted the ignition switch in by removing all but 4 of the wires* and poking them individually down the throttle side, junction box replaced with a load of wago connectors. It made changing the throttle inner very challenging recently though.

*Pink and green for ignition obviously but also another 2 for a switched DC feed to the speedo and a fog lamp.
Marty ULC

Postby kevspeed » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Now sorted (i hope),just about managed to thread the extension wires up through the headset behind the gear wheel,then connect them,and tie them out of the way of moving parts with the tiniest of zip ties.
My patience levels must have been in overdrive,but it seems to have worked ;)
kevspeed

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3