LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Panel badge removal

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Panel badge removal

Postby Lambr62 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi,
Is there a specific method for removing panel badges. On mine they all look like they have been peened over on the inside of the leg shield / side panels. I was thinking along the lines of carefully drilling the peened ends out with a smaller drill , but guess this would scrap the badges for any future use ? Thanks for any help in advance.
Lambr62

Re: Panel badge removal

Postby rossclark » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm

They're very soft, so usually you can use a sharp punch or a nail to tap them through and you might be able to use them again.

Go with the drill and you're going to have to glue them back on if you want to use them again.
rossclark

Postby MK Monty » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:28 pm

I did as above or a small fine set of players you can round out the mushroom head and pull them through. To refit I have used some very small self tappers. Depends on the hole size but the small screws used on the crap plastic Chinese toys like the one you get holding in the batteries. I drilled through the badge and filed the protruding screw leaving a tiny brass head that cannot be seen.
MK Monty

Postby Lambr62 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi Chaps,
Thanks for the replies.
Lambr62

Postby Danbretta » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:43 pm

I removed mine by gently tapping with a centre punch and they came out ok that I can reuse without gluing.
Danbretta

Postby Knowledge » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:41 pm

We used to know a guy who was a silversmith. He used to take the old badges and silver-solder on small bolts in place of the lugs, and the plate them in silver. The original badges can be re-used by fixing them in place with equally small nuts.

It was surprisingly inexpensive.
Knowledge

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3