LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Lambretta seat

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Lambretta seat

Postby bert49uk » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:33 pm

Having just sold my SX I have now perchase a 1960 LI S 2 Rat having fun but seat not as comfortable as SX
Looking for advice on seats that didn’t agrivate my” farmer Giles “ single, duel any suggestions want something that doesn’t look out of place on a rat
bert49uk

Re: Lambretta seat

Postby Watfordwhite » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Highly recommend a saddle. Just make sure you use new springs.
Watfordwhite

Postby Tequipment » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:59 pm

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I'm just refurbing the saddle seats on my series 2 and this caught my eye.
I'm trying to use as many original parts as possible on the whole scooter, and have been dreading trying to strip the paint off the seat springs. What's the reason you say to replace the springs, do they deteriorate? If they benefit from being replaced then I'll gladly do it as they're not expensive.

Do you mean the 2 big springs, or the small flat ones under the seat cover?
Tequipment

Postby Watfordwhite » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi mate, good to see another S1/2 getting back on the road.

It was the small flat ones under the seat cover springs that I would suggest you change. As you say, not expensive.
50-60 years old, and a large Italian sitting on them. They could of expanded a little over time... :-)
Watfordwhite

Postby clyde » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Looking for the centre attachment point for the springs if anyone's got a old/new spare.
clyde

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3