LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Flywheel

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Flywheel

Postby jonno » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:53 pm

Having hell of a job getting flywheel off.Tried a bit of heat and a long bar but its not budging.Any tips? used to come off easily in the past.
jonno

Re: Flywheel

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:02 pm

When the extractor is wound in as far as it will go, give the end of it a sharp bang with a heavy hammer.
CHRIS in MARGATE

Postby EddieStone » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:25 am

CHRIS in MARGATE wrote:When the extractor is wound in as far as it will go, give the end of it a sharp bang with a heavy hammer.

+1

I usually grease the end of the extractor that's pressed against the crank to make sure it doesn't bind. Tighten up the extractor, whack it with a hammer and it usually pops off.
EddieStone

Postby Scooterdude » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:58 am

I did one once that was that bad the previous owner had stripped the extractor thread on the flywheel, i ended up using the old 3 legged puller, and a good clout with a heavy hammer works wonders.
Scooterdude

Postby Adam_Winstone » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:55 pm

Faced this issue on a Euro Lambretta when a pal needed to swap out a failed stator and it transpired that the workshop that fitted it had used an airgun to tighten it :evil:

Got it off but knackered the first extractor that we tried on it, and thought the second was going to go too.
Adam_Winstone

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3