LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Pacemaker gearbox

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Pacemaker gearbox

Postby al pushpak » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:23 am

Hi, just wondering if its possible or advisable to use loose gear cogs from other boxes to make up a complete gearbox, the reason being I may be able to get hold of a pacemaker cluster & 3rd gear so I would obviously need the other cogs to complete the box, as I can't seem to get hold of a complete pacemaker box I thought this may be an alternative. thanks for any info ;)
al pushpak

Re: Pacemaker gearbox

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:23 pm

You are no doubt aware that there are stronger Pacemaker gearboxes that should be used in preference to the weaker type, so do check the span of third gear on both cluster & loose gear. Do not take it for granted that unbored clusters are the strong type & vice versa, believe it or not.

As long as the individual gears (number of teeth & overall diameter) are correct, then the only likely issue remains in the Country of origin.

In my experience, OEM Innocenti & Eibar are the best, though genuine SIL may also be strong enough.

Unbranded gears, especially from India, can strip teeth the first time an engine is fired up.... :cry:
Warkton Tornado No.1

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3