LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

SX150 choke lever and fuel tap lever

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

SX150 choke lever and fuel tap lever

Postby Lambr62 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi,
I have a 1967 SX150 that has come with a aluminuim choke lever/knob with black plastic body assembly which looks like it would be right for age but the petrol tap lever has a black plastic knob / lever. Would it be normal to have this mix? Any thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance.
Lambr62

Re: SX150 choke lever and fuel tap lever

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:37 pm

In my experience, 'OEM' replacement taps were often only ever supplied with black levers as residual stocks in the 70's were what had been as supplied for the later models by Innocenti, hence black to suit the GP.

You should be able to find an alloy lever for sale, though the quality of remade items is very variable. There is a Parts Fair coming up soon....

I tend to keep even the ones with broken ends as they remain useable in conjunction with proper universal joints as supplied by model shops etc.

I hope that helps...... :)
Warkton Tornado No.1

Re: SX150 choke lever and fuel tap lever

Postby Lambr62 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks Warkton. :)
Lambr62

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3