LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Series 3 side panels

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Series 3 side panels

Postby Hammer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:47 pm

One of my side panels is baggy/gappy at the front and the panel handle is loose. Any tips on how to correct this?

Many thanks
Hammer

Re: Series 3 side panels

Postby HxPaul » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 am

Have you got the side panel buffers fitted ? If not thats your problem.
HxPaul

Postby Hammer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi Paul and first of all thanks for your reply. I do have the panel buffers on but its a funny thing, I just pulled out the panel where the buffer sits and it locked in the front and tightened the handle!! The scooter is an early series 3 (1962) and funnily enough someone at scooter restorations suggested fitting series 2 buffers which I assume must be bigger?? Do you think that there might be something in this?? Thanks again as this is driving me mad. :shock:
Hammer

Postby dickie » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:35 pm

Try pulling your outrigger further out.

Eat some spinach first.
dickie

Postby Hammer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:28 pm

Thanks Dickie, I think that is it! I just went out and taped a piece of cork to the buffer and it snapped shut nice and tight! I just assume that at some stage in its life it must have had a clout that side. I've got to say though I don't fancy my chances of moving the outrigger even with spinach!
Hammer

Postby HxPaul » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:19 am

Be very careful pulling the outrigger out,or it may snap where its welded too the frame.
HxPaul

Postby Storkfoot » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:34 am

Hammer wrote:Hi Paul and first of all thanks for your reply. I do have the panel buffers on but its a funny thing, I just pulled out the panel where the buffer sits and it locked in the front and tightened the handle!! The scooter is an early series 3 (1962) and funnily enough someone at scooter restorations suggested fitting series 2 buffers which I assume must be bigger?? Do you think that there might be something in this?? Thanks again as this is driving me mad. :shock:

I am pretty certain that they had the all rubber type fitted originally. Whether these are bigger than the clip on type, I don’t know.
Storkfoot

Postby Hammer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:46 am

Thanks I'm going to try a later series 3 clip on buffer which I think protrudes more than the earlier all rubber ones. Does anyone know if the later ones fit and are compatible with the earlier machines?
Hammer

Postby Fast n Furious » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:32 am

with some scoots you only need the slightest of aged compression in the buffer to affect the panel fit. If yours are old and show signs of wear then just replace them.
Fast n Furious

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3