LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Crank bearing kit recommendations

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Crank bearing kit recommendations

Postby Danbretta » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi chaps, I'm looking to replace the bearings and seals on the crank and mag. I've seen a few kits online but want to be sure I'm not buying fake tat. Any recommendations on what brand of bearings seals and dealers I should use. I've heard reports of fake bearings coming from some shops?
Thanks.
Danbretta

Re: Crank bearing kit recommendations

Postby ULC Soulagent » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:36 pm

My advice is don’t buy anything bearing wise on eBay as you don’t know what your getting,
Find a reputable dealer online ( MB, Camlam, SR, etc etc) and order them through them.
Or if you want too support the LCGB Club Shop then buy through them ;)
ULC Soulagent

Postby Danbretta » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:11 pm

Thanks for the advice. I was looking at the bgm kit. They only list a gp and dl kit. Am I missing something I thought they'd all be the same.
Is there a LCGB club shop? It's been under construction for a few years now.
Danbretta

Postby Toddy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:02 am

Danbretta wrote:Thanks for the advice. I was looking at the bgm kit. They only list a gp and dl kit. Am I missing something I thought they'd all be the same.

Yes , Unfortunatley not on line but at alot of events up and down the country (Link below ) if you requirte anything specific e mail Simon at lcgbshop@btinternet.com
he will try and help

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9801
Toddy

Postby HxPaul » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:52 am

Danbretta wrote:Thanks for the advice. I was looking at the bgm kit. They only list a gp and dl kit. Am I missing something I thought they'd all be the same.

I always buy my bearings from Buzzsolomoto.I use SKF bearings and Rolf oil seals. make sure the bearings are European made.The bearings for the drive side are the same for Li,SX and GP (6305 C3 RS)the RS denotes one oil seal which is fitted to the bearing.The Mag bearings are different for GP (NU2205)as opposed to Li,SX (NU205).The difference being the crank taper.
HxPaul

Postby kennystag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:12 am

LCGB Club Shop, the site is never working, why is this, how can you buy if it is never open. I would support it if it was. Is there a store full of goodies not moving sad.
Stag
:?
kennystag

Postby Toddy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:36 am

kennystag wrote:LCGB Club Shop, the site is never working, why is this, how can you buy if it is never open. I would support it if it was. Is there a store full of goodies not moving sad.
Stag

Like I said above the get you home spares are with the travelling club shop to help scooterists at
Rallies where there are no other dealers , anything you require contact Simon as above and he will
Be more than happy to help
Toddy

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:18 am

Toddy wrote:
kennystag wrote:LCGB Club Shop, the site is never working, why is this, how can you buy if it is never open. I would support it if it was. Is there a store full of goodies not moving sad.
Stag

Like I said above the get you home spares are with the travelling club shop to help scooterists at
Rallies where there are no other dealers , anything you require contact Simon as above and he will
Be more than happy to help

Stag, the links to the Club Shop and Newsblog link at the top of these forum pages will never work again. They are old links set up by a former webmaster that we are having problems deleting but we are working on it. It is intended, in the near future, to have a merchandise page on the main website where you can browse some of our items that are for sale in the club shop and then purchase in the same way that you do now at rallies where the stall is present or by email to Toot at the following email address:-

lcgbshop@btinternet.com

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby kennystag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi Rich,
Thanks for letting me know.
Cheers
Stag
kennystag

Postby NorthernJordan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:11 pm

ULC Soulagent wrote:My advice is don’t buy anything bearing wise on eBay as you don’t know what your getting,
Find a reputable dealer online ( MB, Camlam, SR, etc etc) and order them through them.

Considering most of those shops sell via eBay I would suggest it's more about picking a reputable eBayer.
If they're considerably cheaper and from an unknown name then I'd maybe be a bit dubious.
NorthernJordan

Postby ULC Soulagent » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:26 pm

NorthernJordan wrote:
ULC Soulagent wrote:My advice is don’t buy anything bearing wise on eBay as you don’t know what your getting,

Considering most of those shops sell via eBay I would suggest it's more about picking a reputable eBayer.
If they're considerably cheaper and from an unknown name then I'd maybe be a bit dubious.

Agree Jordon about reputable eBay dealers but eBay fees n postage normally makes it a tiny bit more expensive than doing it online shop ;)
ULC Soulagent

Postby Danbretta » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:23 pm

HxPaul wrote:

I always buy my bearings from Buzzsolomoto.I use SKF bearings and Rolf oil seals. make sure the bearings are European made.The bearings for the drive side are the same for Li,SX and GP (6305 C3 RS)the RS denotes one oil seal which is fitted to the bearing.The Mag bearings are different for GP (NU2205)as opposed to Li,SX (NU205).The difference being the crank taper.

Thanks for the bearing info, much appreciated. I'll take a look on Buzzsolo website.
Danbretta

Postby Danbretta » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:28 pm

I see there's a few Japanese bearings available, what are thoughts on these compared to SKF and FAG one's.

Are FAG ones made in Europe as I'm sure I stumbled across an image of one on an online shop with a Korea stamp on it?
Danbretta

Postby ULC Soulagent » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Koyo are a decent Jap brand :D
ULC Soulagent

Postby HxPaul » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:23 am

ULC Soulagent wrote:Koyo are a decent Jap brand :D

Make sure its a Japanese Koyo,some are made in India.
HxPaul

Postby Danbretta » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:12 am

Ordered the FAG ones yesterday and they have just arrived (great service) however one made in Korea and the other made in India. Think I'll be sending them back and looking for Japanese or decent SKF ones.
Danbretta

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3