LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Indian GP headset wiring

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Indian GP headset wiring

Postby kennystag » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:00 pm

Hi All,
Can someone please give me photos of a Indian GP wiring under the headset coming from the loom and ignition switch to the bulb holder, I have just fitted a new headset top and bottom and headlight, the wiring is driving me mad, I have looked @ diagrams with no joy, help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Stag
kennystag

Re: Indian GP headset wiring

Postby grandpa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi Kenny
Have a look at this:
http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/wiring.html

Grandpa
grandpa

Postby kennystag » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi Clive thanks,
I have already looked @ that it is Double Dutch to me, what I really need is photos of under the headset. Can anybody please help.
Cheers
Stag
kennystag

Postby foremanbob » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:03 pm

Kenny, photos of someone elses wring wont help... all different colours and modifications etc.

Your starting point should be power from the Regulator entering the headset... Brown normally. That then feeds the ignition switch, and the output from the ignition switch then feeds light switches etc.

But yourself a cheap multimeter, and use the continuity setting to "buzz" the wiring connections out etc.

an hour doing this with the Wiring diagram will greatly benefit your understanding of the wiring..
foremanbob

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3