LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Side casing

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Side casing

Postby MickYork » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:31 pm

How difficult would it be to alter a Li side casing to fit a GP clutch ?

I'm thinking of welding a slotted tube piece onto the casing to carry the brass plunger.....

Sounds simple enough and with the cost of casings now above £100 it may be a worth while job.......unless i'm missing something :?
MickYork

Re: Side casing

Postby rossclark » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:09 pm

http://www.scooterrestorations.com/lamb ... cover-sil/

90£

Why not change the clutch centre to Li style?
rossclark

Postby MickYork » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm

rossclark wrote:http://www.scooterrestorations.com/lambretta/gp-crankcase-cover-sil/

90£

Why not change the clutch centre to Li style?

Got a few engines/frames and i'm trying to standardise as many parts as possible, making them interchangeable when required.

Just buying an AF clutch and was going for the GP style...
MickYork

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:17 pm

MickYork wrote:How difficult would it be to alter a Li side casing to fit a GP clutch ?

I'm thinking of welding a slotted tube piece onto the casing to carry the brass plunger.....

Sounds simple enough and with the cost of casings now above £100 it may be a worth while job.......unless i'm missing something :?

A case can be altered by replicating the brass plunger housing.

A turned 'cup' can be created from an alloy bar which can be bolted into place once there is a small flat area for it central to the clutch centre.

I once modified a SII cover like that, but I can't think why as the best clutches of the generic design, utilise the centre bored gear cluster in conjunction with the earlier design of clutch release.

The GP style clutch release mechanism only came about through Innocenti 'Value Engineering'
Warkton Tornado No.1

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3