LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Gori Super Sport Exhaust

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Gori Super Sport Exhaust

Postby Tony Hart » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Has anyone had issues fitting a Gori Super Sport exhaust to a standard configured engine?

I have just attempted to fit one to a small block engine fitted with a Casa top end and it is not going well. Loosely fitting the three separate parts together results in the down pipe cocked at an angle at the manifold that I doubt would clamp down in a month of Sunday’s and the exhaust body front hanger isn’t going anywhere near home on the studs. When I’ve put a straight edge length ways across the manifold mouth it stands off by about 1 - 1.5mm on one side. This isn’t an uneven surface that could be flattened out on taped down wet-and-dry, it looks bent. When I fit the exhaust body on its own so it sits home on the studs it is right against the cylinder head (no cowl fitted yet either).

The tail can fits perfect :D

If others have had problems I don’t mind getting the hammers and dremel out but at £300 I would have expected better on a standard layout engine.

If others had these exhaust fit ‘like a glove’ out of the bag I will take it back.

Cheers

Tony
Tony Hart

Re: Gori Super Sport Exhaust

Postby Digger » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:11 am

I've got one on my Standard TV175 S3.

Fits perfectly.

Doesn't mean yours isn't faulty though...
Digger

Postby Tony Hart » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Cheers Digger. I believed that they are usually a good fit so will take it back next week.
Tony Hart

Postby Scooterdude » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:58 pm

I had a traumatic experience with a Gori gp 50 a while back, complete nightmare never again :roll:
Scooterdude

Postby bike grim » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:57 pm

I’ve had a Gori 50 Sport for years. Still going strong. Really good fit.
bike grim

Postby Tony Hart » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Seems like I’ve got a Friday afternoon one. Will see if dealer has a better one and is willing to exchange.
Tony Hart

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3