LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

GEAR

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

GEAR

Postby robert gilchrist » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:05 pm

Having a big problem with my LI Sers 3 engine, couple of weeks ago, went for a run & coming to the lights I couldn't get into neutral,so it was in gear & the engine started to rev like hell, then I started to hear crunching noise, so stalling the bike, I jumped off & pulled the HT lead to kill the engine ,as the kill button would not work this time, anyway I stripped the carb thinking the slide was stuck for the over reving, bought new parts & also fitted a new clutch, spider & bell etc, even renewed cabling & properly routed,, got all back together, started her up and selecting 1st gear theres a rickety noise coming from the engine, selecting others gears seem ok? but now it`s jumping out of gear even in neutral, tried adjusting the cables & does not matter what I do I`m getting the same syptoms, Do I need a new gear box?
robert gilchrist

Re: GEAR

Postby foremanbob » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:28 pm

I am going to ask more questions

Why did you feel the need to change the clutch etc?

Did you take off the endplate and check over the gearbox etc?

What was your oil like when you drained it? Any foreign bodies?

Was it you who messaged me in facebook?
foremanbob

Postby robert gilchrist » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:29 pm

hi Robert, yes I pm you through facebook, I changed the whole clutch thinking, as just before syptoms got really bad, I felt the clutch was draggin & sticking returning to neutral, I didn`t check endplate/gears, & also when I drained the oil it was very dark & the plug had picked up fine shavings of metal, but not a lot, thanks for getting back anyway, cheers
robert gilchrist

Postby foremanbob » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:27 pm

You're going to need to get the endplate off and and strip the gearbox out. I would suspect that you have something amiss there.... I presume that you have stickies guide?
foremanbob

Postby robert gilchrist » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am

Yeah I've got the book & sausage's DVD,I'm looking for quotes & also looking for advice on here as what could be wrong?
robert gilchrist

Postby itisgonnarunproperly » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:44 am

look I don't know anything but have you checked the cush drive spring, if its broken it may allow the sprocket to ride up and spin, just a suggestion as you have it stripped, also have you checked the sliding dog assembly for worn parts/spring?
itisgonnarunproperly

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3