LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Gps speedo

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Gps speedo

Postby brumtony » Fri May 03, 2019 4:42 pm

Can anyone advise which would be the best gps speedo as an alternative to SIP , i had a SIP in my LI but no one could get it to work from pickup/ sensor on back wheel .Or if anyone in birmingham area knows how to set them up give me a shout ,
brumtony

Re: Gps speedo

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sat May 04, 2019 11:35 am

Hi Brumtony
Get one of these from sip
https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/prod ... v_50000270
ULC Soulagent

Re: Gps speedo

Postby coaster » Sun May 05, 2019 1:14 pm

brumtony wrote:Can anyone advise which would be the best gps speedo as an alternative to SIP , i had a SIP in my LI but no one could get it to work from pickup/ sensor on back wheel .Or if anyone in birmingham area knows how to set them up give me a shout ,

I had a bit of a faff setting mine up running off a sensor on the front wheel picking up on the back of the wheel studs. With a bit of help off this forum with interpreting the confusing instructions it has bee working fine for over 6k miles 8-) I would persevere if I were you, the problem with gps speedos is that they are quite slow to react and dont work at all in tunnels and can struggle in cities.
coaster

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3