LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Lining up front end

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Lining up front end

Postby Mattc series3 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Evening all,
I’m after a little advice on the best way to line up the front end, I have re- tightened the headset bearings as I had a little bit of play, I also have the front mudguard off as was checking for any cable interference as it feels a little tight at the end of one direction of fork travel. Can anyone give me any tips on the best way to make sure everything is straight before I tighten the headset clamp fully. I did mark it on removal but to be honest I have suspected it wasn’t 100% in line from the last time it was off. Any help gratefully recurved.

Matt
Mattc series3

Re: Lining up front end

Postby nickw » Sat May 04, 2019 2:22 pm

I usually just do it by eye using the wheel as the central point. I was also taught many years ago by someone in the racing fraternity never to tighten handlebars that much they can't move. This was so if you had a knock then the forks wouldn't bend they would move. Adjusted this way I can give a sharp tap to the bars if they aren't straight/lined up. The adjustment does have to be tight but not locked tight.
nickw

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3