LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Eibar Li150 Winter Headset

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Eibar Li150 Winter Headset

Postby JK240 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:57 am

Hi,

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm relatively new to rebuilds.

Anyway, I started to look at a dry run putting my headset back together in time for when I get my forks back and am struggling to see whether I am doing this correctly or not.

It seems that the brass cable holders on the end of the control rods are catching/rubbing against the headset mounting clamp, not sure why. Have I put them back together incorrectly..?? And surely the bottom holes should line up?

Any advice welcomed, thanks.

Cheers,

JK

JK240

Re: Eibar Li150 Winter Headset

Postby ladsdad » Tue May 14, 2019 10:44 am

Hi
To start with, you've got your cable pulleys mixed up... gears on the left(2 cables) & throttle on the right(single cable) . So that would also mean that clamp also wants turning around 180 degrees.
Hope this helps...
Btw did you take any pictures of your complete scooter before the big strip down, now would be a good time to dig them out...
Good luck.
ladsdad

Postby JK240 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:51 am

ladsdad wrote:Hi
To start with, you've got your cable pulleys mixed up... gears on the left(2 cables) & throttle on the right(single cable) . So that would also mean that clamp also wants turning around 180 degrees.
Hope this helps...
Btw did you take any pictures of your complete scooter before the big strip down, now would be a good time to dig them out...
Good luck.

Doh...thanks, told you I was new :?

I will undoubtedly be back for more help :mrgreen:
JK240

Postby Knowledge » Wed May 15, 2019 1:21 pm

ladsdad wrote:... that would also mean that clamp also wants turning around 180 degrees.

Yes, the clamp is upside down. The holes will probably line up beatifully when you turn it over.

Good luck.
Knowledge

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3