LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Clutch Spider & Top Plate Not fitting ?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Clutch Spider & Top Plate Not fitting ?

Postby AndyVee » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:47 pm

Have replaced the clutch spider on a standard S3 150 and re-built the clutch to find that the orriginal Surflex Top plate no longer fits into the spider. If I take all the corks and plates out I can see the tabs on the top plate only fit into every other slot in the spider with a 1-2 mm lack of gap/clearance for the other tabs.

Question is, is this common and do I just grind a small part away from the Spider legs to make it fit or have I got the wrong part and need to order something else ?

Thanks.
AndyVee

Re: Clutch Spider & Top Plate Not fitting ?

Postby dickie » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Before grinding I'd assess whether the legs need bending side to side.
dickie

Re: Clutch Spider & Top Plate Not fitting ?

Postby AndyVee » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:11 pm

Thanks Dickie, after messing about for a while I decided to take the Dremel to the legs, in fairness it only needed tidying up all the way round, probably due to the way the circlip slots were punched rather than cut, cheaper manufacturing technique probably the root cause. Thanks for the reply though, appreciated.
AndyVee

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3