LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Latest Tyre Choices

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Re: Latest Tyre Choices

Postby corrado » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:00 am

GRTDKAD wrote:Does anyone have any experience / feedback on either the Heidinau K80SR or the BGM35010SL tyres.

As ULCS said the Heidenau are only 81mph speed rated. Another unusual aspect of them is that they do 2 versions, 1 tubeless and 1 tube type so make sure you buy the correct one for your rims.

I've not used either the Heidenau or the BGM Sport but I've had both fitted to Sip tubeless rims and both were barstewards to fit, so much so that I don't offer them for sale. I've just fitted a set of the Sip Performance (NOT Performers, the Performers are too blocky for my liking) but I've not used them yet, the tread looks a good balance of fast road and grooved for wet weather. 59P rated 245 kg & 93mph.

Michelin City Grip winters were great tyres but Michelin stopped producing them which is a real shame.

Unless you're a Sunday comedy rider you're going to have to ride in wet weather in the UK so I'd always recommend all weather or wet weather tyres, they'll still work fine in the dry but will generally wear out faster in the dry. I don't think that £30 every 1500 miles is unreasonable, I've heard that bikers wear out rears in less than 1,000 ,miles and they're 5 times the price.
corrado

Postby Martin s » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:59 pm

I've been using Heidinau K80s past couple of years. They seem great tyres, I've got tube type with slime.
Done about 1500 miles in all weathers and long trips, and still plenty of meat on them.
Easy to get onto split rims. I had Continentals, the black version of K62 and sidewall was too soft
with my weight and tent on.
I'd buy the Heidis again if still available.
Martin s

Postby corrado » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:43 pm

ToBoldlyGo wrote:
The V Rubber 351 was a real surprise to me. They are an all weather tyre with a big, blocky tread and I probably wouldn't have expected great things of them. But, they are a lot better than you might think and handle well. Although, I can't vouch for their performance in bad weather yet.

The Anlas Winter Grip 2 fit into the same category, most take one look and say that they look like tractor tyres, but I've only had good reports from those who've used them. Toddy for one.
corrado

Postby MickYork » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:15 pm

The V Rubber 351 has a similar tread to the Schwalbe Weatherman.....which i am still using, excellent in the wet (suited to Bank Holidays !!)
MickYork

Postby Hat » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:47 am

corrado wrote:
ToBoldlyGo wrote:
The V Rubber 351 was a real surprise to me. They are an all weather tyre with a big, blocky tread and I probably wouldn't have expected great things of them. But, they are a lot better than you might think and handle well. Although, I can't vouch for their performance in bad weather yet.

The Anlas Winter Grip 2 fit into the same category, most take one look and say that they look like tractor tyres, but I've only had good reports from those who've used them. Toddy for one.

ive got these on mine & they certainly don't feel clunky, just as smooth as a lower profile tread pattern, but yes they do look as though i could an off-road event
Hat

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:31 am

MickYork wrote:The V Rubber 351 has a similar tread to the Schwalbe Weatherman.....which i am still using, excellent in the wet (suited to Bank Holidays !!)

I got some Vee 351 and noticed that they were marked 3.50x10 AND 100/90/10! They were certainly wider than 3.50 x 10 so I returned them and got SIP Classics instead.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Previous

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3