LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

HT coil, '62 Series 3

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

HT coil, '62 Series 3

Postby mikeyb1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:22 pm

Hello folks, I know, I should have known better. Having restored quite a few cars and bikes over the years, when I stripped down my early Series 3 125, I failed to make a note of the HT coil connections. It's a Filso, marked 1 and 2. I can only find info about the Ducati coils (Sticky's manual), and these are apparently marked 1 and 15, 1 being earth and 15 being the green from the regulator/stator. Now I could take a chance and assume that 1 is the same on both makes, and the Ducati 15 is the same as the Filso no.2, but I'd rather get it right straight away, rather than taking pot luck and frying the coil, or something else. Anyone help please.
mikeyb1

Re: HT coil, '62 Series 3

Postby Storkfoot » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:13 pm

My first resto in 2002 was the same model. I recall the same dilemma. I remember the same dilemma but, as to the answer, no chance of recalling that, I’m afraid :(

I strongly suspect that I just tried it. What’s the worst that could happen :shock:
Storkfoot

Re: HT coil, '62 Series 3

Postby mikeyb1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:38 pm

That's the problem Storkfoot, I don't know what might happen if I reverse the connections. If it can be avoided, I'd prefer to find out first, rather than risk damaging any components.
mikeyb1

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3