LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

speedo assembly

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

speedo assembly

Postby Geocamper » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:08 pm

Looking for some help to reassemble my speedometer back into the headset. I'm a bit unsure which order the metal and foam gasket go to fit securely back into the headset. I have looked for a diagram on the net with no luck.
Geocamper

Re: speedo assembly

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:58 pm

Hold headset top. Insert complete speedo and secure in place with the metal locating collar. It really is that simple.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby Geocamper » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:30 pm

Cheers mate. Once the speedo is in place in the headset should there be any movement with the body of the speedo or should it be secured into place with the gasket?
Geocamper

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:11 pm

I take it you mean this?

https://www.scootopia.com/handlebar-for ... edo-gasket

It sits around the lip of the speedo and holds the glass in place.

So, in order, there will be the mechanism and a backplate, through which the needle protrudes. The actual speedo face sits directly on top. Around the face there will be a fine metallic gasket on top of which will sit the lens glass. It is all clamped together by the thick rubber gasket, which will be grooved to seat on the lip. The complete unit goes into the headset as is. It may need a bit of a squeeze. And if it's a cheap remade one it may even be too big or the wrong shape altogether. Onec you've done that you hold it in place with this...

https://www.scootopia.com/handlebar-for ... te-fixings

Bobs your uncle.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby Geocamper » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:51 pm

Your a diamond mate. I have an original Spanish speedo. I was fitting the speedo in the way that you described but there is movement of the main body when I fitted it. which then when I fitted the speedo cable the speedo face would turn clockwise when I was riding the lambretta. The gasket is quite brittle so I'll purchase another and hopefully it will hold everything together securely. Cheers
Geocamper

Postby Storkfoot » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:05 pm

Take to gasket off and try it the other way round.
Storkfoot

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3