LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Frame number plate area & Legshield Welding

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Frame number plate area & Legshield Welding

Postby asjll1973 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:12 am

Hi All,

Can anybody recommend a good scooter company, or scooter friendly welder/fabricator who can repair rust holed legshields, and also do the repairs on the rear number plate area where they sometimes rust through?
Southern-ish area preferable.

Any suggestions appreciated. Ta.
asjll1973

Re: Frame number plate area & Legshield Welding

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:54 pm

I can’t recommend a welder in your area but, in my experience, most competent welders who are used to working on small stuff will be able to sort you out.

The reason I posted is that Lambretta ReStore in Doncaster do a good replacement number plate section.
Storkfoot

Re: Frame number plate area & Legshield Welding

Postby asjll1973 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:56 pm

Storkfoot wrote: The reason I posted is that Lambretta ReStore in Doncaster do a good replacement number plate section.

Thanks, I've been trying to get one from them, but I don't think they're open anymore. This is why I thought I'd need to get somebody to fabricate a plate for me with the correct countersunk sections in it. Really annoying because it's holding the restoration up, and I only want somebody proven & trustworthy to do it :-(
asjll1973

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3