LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Rocho clutch info

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Rocho clutch info

Postby lou » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:05 am

Hi all

I have 5 plate rocho clutch (aprilla type) which i used to use in a TS ..but It used to slip at upper end of speed , Im now currently doing a RB250 question is could this clutch be sorted to use in 250 or would it not be up to the job for a RB .

I seam to have clearance with clutch compresor pressed down , bit stuck on how to check if all is ok ? All plates are good flat i have roughed then up a litte ,anyone else still using Rocho Clutch .
lou

Re: Rocho clutch info

Postby Wack » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:53 pm

I've had a few of the Rocho clutches (Yamaha ones) and all needed a few mods to make them work.Initially they were fine but after a while I found they slipped and dragged mainly because the stainless steels warped so I machined some standard steels down to fit.That cured the warping but they still slipped so I changed to EBC plates and been good since in 30 hp motors.I think Lee did a real good job on the machining etc though and I found that by using a billet deep spider,skimmed out crownwheel and a stepped top plate more plates can be added without the need for a casing packer.
Wack

Postby lou » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:01 am

i have had the yamaha clutch he done found apprilla bit better ,had it a while took it out as slipped a far bit .thinking to save a few quid if can make it work in the RB.

The steels seem fine one was wraped a little but Lee did send me spares , just cant see why it wont work ,could try different plates ,ill have a look at EBC which ones as theres a few different sorts

cheers
lou

Postby lou » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:48 am

Still slips high revs which is a shame , not sure what else I can do to cure it , new plates maybe, but these aprilla plates not done many miles what’s so ever . ;)
lou

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3