LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Stator wiring

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Stator wiring

Postby mikeyb1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:36 pm

Hello to all the electrical wizards out there. My '62 Li 3 has a 6v Filso stator (4 pole) and coil. Happy to keep this set up, but the wiring from the stator to the regulator/rectifier was so totally shot that I bought a second hand stator to replace it. My problem is that both of these stators are wired as follows....Green to CB points, Red to the top of one coil, and Brown to a tapping in the middle of the other coil. I can't find any wiring diagrams(including Sticky's) that show this arrangement, Every diagram shows Green, Pink and Brown. There is no Red connection in the top of the regulator. It's a hell of a coincidence if both stators have been rewired in the same way, so I'm assuming that they are original, perhaps such a short-lived system that it doesn't appear in any literature. This being the case, can anyone enlighten me as to which of my wires relates to those shown in most diagrams, i.e Brown/ Green/ Pink. and where they connect to the regulator. Hope that's clear enough. Thanks, Mike.
mikeyb1

Re: Stator wiring

Postby mikeyb1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention, scoot is a non-battery version, and the Red wire is most definitely Red, not Pink.
mikeyb1

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3