LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

school boy error

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

school boy error

Postby stephena » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Li 125 converted to 175 with 20mm carb and standard exhaust in general runs very well not the fastest but is reliable. Went out Thursday night on it to a local meet couple of miles from home it cut out and would not restart. Called scooter rescue that is the wife and my work van. Had a look at it tonight and it would start but only tick over any revs and it would cut out checked basic things but nothing obviously wrong the only puzzling thing was as a rule it always needs the choke to start but tonight it didn't. So did a Chris Tarrant and phoned a friend who after I had gone through what I had already tried suggest is the air intake
blocked so picked up the seat and sure enough the handles on a plastic bag containing this month's scooter nova I was taking for a fellow scooterist were sucked into the air scoop pulled them out and runs perfect. As is always said on here check the basics first. What makes this worse a couple of weeks ago went out for the first time on a series 2 I have rebuilt again not far from home cut out and would not start scooter rescue again quick check over a few nights later found spark plug cap had come off. Again simple things.
stephena

Re: school boy error

Postby Toddy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:54 am

A mate did that before sucking his waterproofs into the air scoop which were stored under his seat , always a nice feeling when you sort an issue though ;)
Toddy

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3