LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Ignition systems

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Ignition systems

Postby gizmo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:37 pm

It's nice having such a choice with all the new ignition systems coming out but now which do you choose :?:
gizmo

Re: Ignition systems

Postby ULC Soulagent » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:14 pm

The one that works :lol:
Seriously though we are spoiled for choice and everybody has there own favourite system weather it’s worked or not worked :shock:
ULC Soulagent

Re: Ignition systems

Postby Rich Oswald » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:49 am

Ignitions and electronics are a bit of a mystery to me, never really understood them, however I have two scooters which have had Indian electronic ignitions in for over 20 years each and have never been touched. Lots of other changes to the engines but never had to touch the ignitions apart from adding a Chiselspeed M Tech advance / retard unit.

I have however another scooter which I chose to build with Varitronic and this has given me more than one issue in the short time it has been on. Draw your own conclusions from this but I know which direction I would go if I was to purchase another.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3