LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Saddle and Dual Seat cover repairs and re-covering?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Saddle and Dual Seat cover repairs and re-covering?

Postby Riverman » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:16 am

Can anyone please help with advice regarding original seats?

Does anyone know of someone good and experienced who can successfully repair original Lambretta single saddle covers, repair a large split in a Series 3 original dual seat and re-cover original Lambretta dual seats in the North West/North/Midlands areas of England or North Wales?
I have made a lot of enquires locally to me (Merseyside) and a bit further afield and been told that the covers are too thick to repair?
I have some original single saddles and a dual seat I would like repaired (to retain originality) and an ‘accessory’ seat to consider getting re-covered.
Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance of your assistance.
Riverman

Re: Saddle and Dual Seat cover repairs and re-covering?

Postby dickie » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:22 am

Try Gary Lewis at target upholstery in Newcastle.

Upholstered and life long scootering.
dickie

Postby HxPaul » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:30 am

HxPaul

Postby Riverman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:01 am

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thank you very much to dickie and HxPaul

dickie: I will look into that one: Cheers. Bit far for me to drive though which was my original intention.

HxPaul: Cheers - thanks to an earlier recommendation from Pete Merchant at Soley Scooters Rochdale I have already spoken to Tony Archer ( who I’d never even heard of but is VERY highly regarded in the motorcycle world) and sent him a load of photos over on email to see the seats to be repaired and recovered.
Answer? NO CHANCE! The covers are far too thick for him to stitch through to repair or recover effectively.

And that’s the same answer I receive locally too when I show the saddles and seat to seat recoverers near me.

Surely they can’t be that hard to do can they?
I desperately want to keep the originality and patina of the original saddles in one bike and an original dual seat on another rather than fit new covers.
I see in this months Jet Set that Frank from Scarborough mentions getting his Guiliari dual seat refurbished by Les at Saddle Craft. (Page 25). Not heard of them previously.
Anyone any other sensible suggestions?
Riverman

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3