LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Varitronic flywheel thread differences

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Varitronic flywheel thread differences

Postby Hughieboy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:46 am

Bit of a strange one, I have a Buzzetti flywheel puller and it fits an Li Varitronic flywheel I have perfectly. Just bought a GP Varitronic flywheel to go with a new crank and the same flywheel puller doesn’t fit! I’ve tried ‘persuading’ it in a little but I don’t want to bugger it up.

Anyone else had this/know what the answer is?
Hughieboy

Re: Varitronic flywheel thread differences

Postby dscscotty » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:37 pm

if the pullers ok in other flywheels, it'll be the flywheel itself as they're (varitroinic/casatronic) etc are standard Lambretta thread pitch/diameter
dscscotty

Re: Varitronic flywheel thread differences

Postby Hughieboy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:52 pm

dscscotty wrote:if the pullers ok in other flywheels, it'll be the flywheel itself as they're (varitroinic/casatronic) etc are standard Lambretta thread pitch/diameter

Hmm, I wonder.... I just phoned Cam Lam and they told me that 'some flywheels are different' and said it was probably down to my puller, a Buzzetti one that was fine with the the other Varitronic flywheel and my Indian flywheel before that, and they have flogged me a double ended puller. I don't mind if they're right but i'll be a bit narked if it turns out to be the flywheel, also brand new and bought from them...
Hughieboy

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3