LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Mid Range Fuel Tank

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Re: Mid Range Fuel Tank

Postby neily03 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Last edited by neily03 on Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neily03

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Trunnions aren't the only way to join the ends of securing straps, but that doesn't help your issue.

If the trunnions you have/supplied are as OEM with an M5 thread in one part (clearance hole in the other) then try longer bolts than those supplied, @ least initially. This will not only help with the struggle to get the trunnions close, but will help form the shape that the straps need to get into. This will take out a lot of the natural tendency for the straps to 'spring' their ends apart. Once things have settled (helped by a Lambretta's natural tendency to vibrate) you may want to revert to the trunion bolts you currently have, or source alternatives.....

Ideally a fully threaded bolt with a couple of nuts 'locked' together, some distance below the head would be through the non-threaded trunnions. This allows a socket to comfortably fit the bolt head for 'wrenching' once the threads of bolt & trunion are engaged.

If you are struggling to locate any fasteners & they are, indeed(!) M5, let me know the current bolt lengths supplied & I will dig something out of my stock, even if it is only M5 studding.

I hope that helps ;)
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby neily03 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Last edited by neily03 on Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neily03

Postby Rich Oswald » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:37 pm

neily03 wrote:Cheers for that.

After a little bit more looking into it it appears the straps are actually wrong, Lambretta upgrades sell these straps as 785mm long yet mine are around 750mm long... I’ve email chiggy for some help...

Dear Neily03,

Just a polite reminder of the forum rules:-

Rule 2:
You may not post topics regarding discontent of shops, products or services. Any issue you have with a supplying dealer should be dealt with directly. This rule also applies to e-bay or other internet sales and auction sites and its users.

Please could you deal with Lambretta Upgrades directly and in private and not on the forum please.

Cheers,

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby neily03 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:43 pm

Sorry Rich, feel free to delete my posts.
neily03

Previous

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3