LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Fast flow tap, reserve?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Fast flow tap, reserve?

Postby 69GP225 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:52 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know the correct length of the tube inside the fast flow tap?
I believe the f/flow tap is a Scootopia version. Reserve seems to be coming
On premature?

Thanks Lee
69GP225

Re: Fast flow tap, reserve?

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:04 am

If there is a finite length, then I am unaware :?

In any case, with the two or three Scootopia that I have fitted, I take any tap to bits & fit the longest inner pipe (reserve) that the filter will allow. Then I will trim it back if necessary.

Personally, I prefer a larger reserve..... :)
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby coaster » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:48 am

As said I doubt if there is an official length and dont forget that if you are using a long range tank the reserve will automatically be lager. The long range tanks on my scooter hold just over 10 litres and will run onto reserve when arounf half full. Not a majour problem as when on tour that equates to about an hours ridding and my arse wants me to stop for a refil even if there's still another hours fuel ;)
coaster

Postby Scooterdude » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:08 am

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:If there is a finite length, then I am unaware :?

In any case, with the two or three Scootopia that I have fitted, I take any tap to bits & fit the longest inner pipe (reserve) that the filter will allow. Then I will trim it back if necessary.

think you’ll find the long pipe is the “on” pipe and the longer or shorter this is will dictate how late or early the reserve (tho hole in the tap without any tube attached) takes over.

The Scootopia tap i had had a reserve of around 1.3 litres on a standard tank, obviously not of much use but would probably be ok on a long range tank, of course you could fit a slightly longer tube to make the “on” position run out sooner giving you a greater reserve.
Scooterdude

Postby Hat » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:10 am

i've got a scootopia fast flow on a std tank & reserves comes in at about 3l remaining which is ideal given how far apart fuel stations can be these days. if i'm going anywhere unfamiliar i always carry a 2l bottle
Hat

Postby HxPaul » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:17 am

69GP225 wrote:Hello,

Does anyone know the correct length of the tube inside the fast flow tap?
I believe the f/flow tap is a Scootopia version. Reserve seems to be coming
On premature?

Thanks Lee

If you have a standard tap, that usually has the correct length of tube.
HxPaul

Postby Rich Oswald » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:47 am

coaster wrote:As said I doubt if there is an official length and dont forget that if you are using a long range tank the reserve will automatically be lager. The long range tanks on my scooter hold just over 10 litres and will run onto reserve when arounf half full. Not a majour problem as when on tour that equates to about an hours ridding and my arse wants me to stop for a refil even if there's still another hours fuel ;)

Coaster I love how you can get your scooter to run on lager on reserve. Any tips and is it cheaper than petrol. What brand and what strength do you use? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Scooterdude wrote:
Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:If there is a finite length, then I am unaware :?

think you’ll find the long pipe is the “on” pipe and the longer or shorter this is will dictate how late or early the reserve (tho hole in the tap without any tube attached) takes over.

The Scootopia tap i had had a reserve of around 1.3 litres on a standard tank, obviously not of much use but would probably be ok on a long range tank, of course you could fit a slightly longer tube to make the “on” position run out sooner giving you a greater reserve.

:? So the pipe length inside the filter is indeed 'On' but it is that length which determines the amount of reserve.

Pipe length = 0 means Reserve = 0
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby coaster » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:25 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
coaster wrote:As said I doubt if there is an official length and dont forget that if you are using a long range tank the reserve will automatically be lager. The long range tanks on my scooter hold just over 10 litres and will run onto reserve when arounf half full. Not a majour problem as when on tour that equates to about an hours ridding and my arse wants me to stop for a refil even if there's still another hours fuel ;)

Coaster I love how you can get your scooter to run on lager on reserve. Any tips and is it cheaper than petrol. What brand and what strength do you use? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I find Moretti is best but Ill run it on Peroni at a pinch :lol:
coaster

Postby 69GP225 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:33 pm

Thanks guys for all the comments and will remove and check.

Much appreciated
69GP225

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3