LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Series 2 rear mudguard

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Series 2 rear mudguard

Postby shane BBoys » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi.
I’m after some help. I’d organised to drop some GRP parts of for painting, and hydro dipping this I did a few weeks ago. The rear mudguard being 1 of the items, it arrived home while I was working away and never had time to check or dry fit, dope, anyhow the painter rang me to say there no fixing holes in the muddy but I’m sure there were raised dimples for the fixing points, these may have been flattened off. So do any of you have the dimensions of the fixing points or do I just offer it to the frame and mark through the frames holes? Does anybody have a clear photo of how it would sit at the rear IE flush or not with rear arch?
Cheers Shane.
shane BBoys

Re: Series 2 rear mudguard

Postby Toddy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:21 am

Shane , Did you get sorted with the mudguard ? if Series 3 it sits flush to the rear frame and picks up of the hangars for the other fixings , i drilled off one to the frame that i had the holes welded on .
Toddy

Postby shane BBoys » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:15 pm

Toddy wrote:Shane , Did you get sorted with the mudguard ? if Series 3 it sits flush to the rear frame and picks up of the hangars for the other fixings , i drilled off one to the frame that i had the holes welded on .

Hi Toddy not sorted yet but I’ve also only been home for 5 mins since picking it back up.
Cheers Shane
shane BBoys

Postby Toddy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:27 pm

shane BBoys wrote:
Toddy wrote:Shane , Did you get sorted with the mudguard ? if Series 3 it sits flush to the rear frame and picks up of the hangars for the other fixings , i drilled off one to the frame that i had the holes welded on .

Hi Toddy not sorted yet but I’ve also only been home for 5 mins since picking it back up.
Cheers Shane

Just noticed title it’s series 2 that has a rubber buffer between the frame and mudguard I think but should still be able to drill off to brackets if you clamp it in situ
Toddy

Postby shane BBoys » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:10 pm

I took a trip over to see Buzz and marked it up from 1 of his reproduction types installed it today with the help of my youngest who has V small hands, she’s a star and not the 1st time she’s help out on a lambretta.

Cheers Shane
shane BBoys

Postby Toddy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:05 am

shane BBoys wrote:I took a trip over to see Buzz and marked it up from 1 of his reproduction types installed it today with the help of my youngest who has V small hands, she’s a star and not the 1st time she’s help out on a lambretta.

Cheers Shane

Happy days :D :D
Toddy

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3