LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

tv 2 colours

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

tv 2 colours

Postby joespeed » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:14 am

i'm trying to sort out a scooter that i have owned for 45 years,i have a very faded picture and do remember the colour being grey off white with blue horn cast and panels, but bla. are stating that it was the grey off white and a primrose yellow colour,
can anyone remember the tv in its early days with the correct colours,my painter thinks that because the yellow was a little 'gay' then the bits were painted duck egg blue!
any ideas please!
regards
joe
joespeed

Re: tv 2 colours

Postby itisgonnarunproperly » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:17 am

friends of mine had their GT200's done in British racing green and canary yellow :D Looked quite cool
itisgonnarunproperly

Postby joespeed » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:55 am

i was hoping to get a serious reply so i get it right to be as original as possible!
where have all the 'anoracks' gone ?
joespeed

Postby Tractorman » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:25 am

joespeed wrote:i was hoping to get a serious reply so i get it right to be as original as possible!

Not realized the forum is up and running again, Joe but BRG and yellow is a good together :)
Tractorman

Postby itisgonnarunproperly » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:37 am

joespeed wrote:i was hoping to get a serious reply so i get it right to be as original as possible!

Ahhh didn't mean to offend you mate..it was a serious reply, there were four GT200's all sprayed in BRG and Canary Yellow they looked really cool, there was about 10-15 of us who used to chill out/ride out together in the 60's, , mine was gold/black, there were 4 as I say done in BRG & CY, maroon, white, metallic blue and chrome, metallic red and chrome, metallic orange and chrome, BRG and Orange, Dk Blue, white with fading from purple to pale green (v. nice job!!) etc. Don't dismiss BRG and CY out of hand unless you wanna have a bog standard resto job, White :roll: :lol:
itisgonnarunproperly

Postby joespeed » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:05 pm

thanks for the replies,yes there is a lot of nice colours out there but i need to try and keep to original if poss!
i do have a second series 2 which will be out of the norm!
joespeed

Postby joespeed » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:06 pm

thanks for the replies,yes there is a lot of nice colours out there but i need to try and keep to original if poss!
i do have a second series 2 which will be out of the norm!
joespeed

Postby myjiffey » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:00 am

Could always go back to the good old colours of light blue , or pale yellow .....................that was the only choice I had when I bought my new S2 TV in 62 ,but not any two tone TV's ............. it denoted a TV from the 150's and 125's IMO ;)
myjiffey

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3