LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Sliding dog ID

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Sliding dog ID

Postby Scooterslag » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:45 pm

Just found a sliding dog in my spares and its in not bad condition though its not the most pretty of finishes, I'm guessing its a SIL but on the base is stamped NP - any idea what make it is and if its any good? would put a piccie up but can't be arsed with photobucket etc any more, thanks Paul
Scooterslag

Re: Sliding dog ID

Postby Scooterslag » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:50 pm

anyone?
Scooterslag

Postby Storkfoot » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:03 pm

I don’t but, if you are thinking of using it, run your finger along the track the bearings run on. The last SIL one I tried to use was poorly machined and caused me problems that were only rectified by replacing it entirely.
Storkfoot

Postby Scooterslag » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Storkfoot wrote:I don’t but, if you are thinking of using it, run your finger along the track the bearings run on. The last SIL one I tried to use was poorly machined and caused me problems that were only rectified by replacing it entirely.

Thanks for the advice dude, yeah its pretty rough finish wise so might give it a miss , cheers again
Scooterslag

Postby Cgt75b » Fri May 15, 2020 6:47 pm

Yes it’s a SIL one, I’ve got one the same in a box from Lucknow.
Cgt75b

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3