LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Panel handels and headset pulley wheels

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Panel handels and headset pulley wheels

Postby Littlewheels » Sun May 31, 2020 11:23 am

Morning,

I have a '65 TV non chrome ring (last 800) and it is kitted with 2 different panels??

Engine side has black plastic hook type handle with no tube and nearside has roller type but which is the right one for my scooter?

All under the headset is I notice it has the plastic type pulleys. Is this correct?

Thanks

Littlewheels.
Littlewheels

Re: Panel handels and headset pulley wheels

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Sun May 31, 2020 12:49 pm

Sounds like the bodgers have been about. It should have roller type handles. I also don't think the pulley wheels came in until much later. But if they work fine I'd leave them. You can't see them, after all.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby Knowledge » Sun May 31, 2020 10:09 pm

My 1966 TV200 had plastic pulleys in the headset, and roller type panel handles.

I appreciate that mine was a year later than yours (though it might have only been a few weeks later), but I hope this is helpful.
Knowledge

Postby Adam_Winstone » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:38 am

Later TVs were certainly fitted with black plastic control wheels but I don't know the date of the changeover (others may be able to provide a date of part update). I would imagine that the same applies to panel handles but I cannot confirm or date that change.

Part update sheets and photos/details from the official home workshop manual may help.
Adam_Winstone

Postby Littlewheels » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:06 pm

Thanks so much for the replies.

I think because it is such an original machine and from what others have said that the plastic pulleys are correct. As for the panels well the paint matches both sides so maybe they were just fitted like that at the factory?? Maybe they used different parts depending on what was available and if a part was superseded by another and there were old parts in bins then maybe they used them!
I still want to replace the odd panel though and will prob buy a roller type simply because they are stronger. I also noticed that the profile is slightly different at the rear.

Littlewheels.
Littlewheels

Postby vegansydney » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:46 am

According to Vittorio, the headset pulleys changed to plastic in May 1965, the panel handles changed from roller type to black plastic in January 1966 and the panels changed from tube type to non-tube type at the same time.

That said, never say never with Innocenti.
vegansydney

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3