LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Light switch

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Light switch

Postby Littlewheels » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:00 pm

Just acquired a TV3 late model non chrome ring. I'm working on the headset and so far established that the plastic pulley wheels are correct for my model (changed from brass in May '65)
Now onto the light switch? Nothing fitted when I bought the scoot so no reference as to what was there. Not too keen on the new switches with the 'Hollywood smile' white buttons especially as I am keeping the original paint so could I fit a black button switch bearing in mind the year?

Thanks so far for everyones help btw.
Littlewheels

Re: Light switch

Postby missing lynx » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:51 pm

On the 2 66 reg TV200's I've owned the switch buttons where a light cream colour. Btw they both had brass gear and throttle wheels
missing lynx

Postby Littlewheels » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:08 pm

I think there may be a difference between built and registered so although your scooter was registered in 66 it may have been built in 64? and another machine could be registered soon after it was built? Just a thought.
Littlewheels

Postby missing lynx » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:10 pm

They were both late frame numbers, but to answer your question the switches should be white with fine lines black didn't come in till late production SX's so would be wrong on your model you will find the brightness of the white will fade in time
missing lynx

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3