LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Indix fuel gauges

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Indix fuel gauges

Postby gaz_powell » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:37 am

Any feedback ie real use not anecdotel of the Indix fuel gauges that replace the petrol tank cap?
Last edited by gaz_powell on Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaz_powell

Re: Indix furl gauges

Postby dickie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:55 pm

Yes, I've got one. It's not a great deal of use.

One of the problems is that you can only see it once you've stopped and lifted the seat, by which time, you can see in the tank anyway. Unless you have a snetterton without the t piece, like I have; you can see between your thighs.

Other problem is that they (or at least mine) isn't particularly accurate, but you do get a reasonable idea of how much is in there, once you've got used to its idiosyncrasies.

Or put another way, I haven't run out of fuel since I got it. Not perfect, but better than nowt.
dickie

Re: Indix fuel gauges

Postby Hat » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:42 pm

I’m happy with mine. I get the point about having to stop to check but that’s not why i got it. Its always a complete guess as to how much fuel is left and just as important, how much you can put in when you fill up. This allows me to instantly see whats left and how much i can put in without running out of 2 stroke room
Hat

Re: Indix fuel gauges

Postby gaz_powell » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:43 pm

Thanks Gents, that's good info.
All my bikes have snetts or seats with a plug to access the tank.
The reading maybe a bit misleading as I have twin tanks (toolbox conv), but at least I can look and know there's something in there without lifting seats or using my lighter to look in the tank!
gaz_powell

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3