LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Series 1 no side light

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Series 1 no side light

Postby Granty » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:44 am

I have all lights, horn working on old series 1, just no sidelight. Would a dodgey earth just effect the sidelight? Main beam, dip beam, speedo, rear & brake light and horn all work, just this sidelight. I have changed the bulbs but just wondering about the earth.

Thanks Grant.
Granty

Re: Series 1 no side light

Postby MK Monty » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:27 pm

the sidelight normally is off when the headlight is on, should use the same earth as the headlight. sounds more like a swich problem, you can tab it onto the black, rear light feed so its on when the tail light is on to test it.
MK Monty

Re: Series 1 no side light

Postby Granty » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:39 pm

MK Monty wrote:the sidelight normally is off when the headlight is on, should use the same earth as the headlight. sounds more like a swich problem, you can tab it onto the black, rear light feed so its on when the tail light is on to test it.

Good shout -- I think a switch problem right enough, everything else is working as it should -- just want it to be right, the next time the horncast is off I'll make up a wire try and tab it over to the black right enough. Thanks for the 2nd opinion -- G
Granty

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3