LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Bolt on lower damper brackets

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Bolt on lower damper brackets

Postby Knowledge » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:36 pm

I have been given a set of bolt-on damper brackets (weld on top brackets are already welded on) to fit for a mate and they are absolutely awful. They will never fit.

Does anyone sell ones that actually fit?

(I don’t want to take the links out and weld some on)
Last edited by Knowledge on Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge

Re: Bolt on damper brackets

Postby al pushpak » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:15 am

I use these from Beedspeed product code is - BD09231 you just need some spacers & long 6mm bolts ;)
al pushpak

Postby HxPaul » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:27 am

I cant find BD09231.
HxPaul

Postby al pushpak » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:03 am

Fork Leg Clamp - 1 3/8" (34-38mm) - Lambretta Dampers
Product Code: BD09231 here's the product name ;)
al pushpak

Postby Tractorman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:17 am

These look like they maybe useless almost as bad as the shop selling them. But don't worry you'll never receive them anyway!
Tractorman

Re: Bolt on lower damper brackets

Postby Knowledge » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:22 am

Oops.i didn’t make it clear that it was the lower brackets that were useless.

Sorry
Knowledge

Postby Tractorman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:36 am

You made it clear, Martin I was led astray by the other posters. I know the ones you mean I have worked on scooters with them on and they are a pain in the neck and you can only get an o/e spanner on the axle nut. Warren at shawfire sells the weld on ones which I have used successfully.
Tractorman

Postby al pushpak » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Tractorman wrote:These look like they maybe useless almost as bad as the shop selling them. But don't worry you'll never receive them anyway!

They work for me so that's all that matters are far as I'm concerned :? !!
al pushpak

Postby al pushpak » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:13 pm

Tractorman wrote:You made it clear, Martin I was led astray by the other posters. I know the ones you mean I have worked on scooters with them on and they are a pain in the neck and you can only get an o/e spanner on the axle nut. Warren at shawfire sells the weld on ones which I have used successfully.

My intention was to not "lead anyone astray!" but more to help out a fellow lcgb member, I honestly thought Martin meant the ones that bolted onto the top of the fork!!! anyway this is the last time I try to help someone out on this forum as I'm clearly not as qualified as some of the experts on here even though I've only been building & riding Lambrettas for the last 37 years !! anyway rant over! Good night !!!
al pushpak

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:35 pm

al pushpak wrote:
Tractorman wrote:You made it clear, Martin I was led astray by the other posters. I know the ones you mean I have worked on scooters with them on and they are a pain in the neck and you can only get an o/e spanner on the axle nut. Warren at shawfire sells the weld on ones which I have used successfully.

My intention was to not "lead anyone astray!" but more to help out a fellow lcgb member, I honestly thought Martin meant the ones that bolted onto the top of the fork!!! anyway this is the last time I try to help someone out on this forum as I'm clearly not as qualified as some of the experts on here even though I've only been building & riding Lambrettas for the last 37 years !! anyway rant over! Good night !!!

I think it would be a shame if anybody were to feel upset over this 'conversation' as the only technical misunderstandings are due to descriptions.

As for opinions stated, then I see your point.

Perhaps there should be more care taken so that comments do not require subsequent explanation :?:

Obviously, we are all going through some testing times & in the scheme of things, our passion for small wheeled shopping machines is possibly one thing that may just help us maintain our mentality & goodwill.....
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Toddy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:36 pm

al pushpak wrote:

I don't think it was meant with any Malice maybe just misinterpreted believe me we all need help please keep posting :D
Toddy

Postby Tractorman » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:36 pm

Sorry if I offended anyone, I must remember some poster are more sensitive than others.
Tractorman

Postby vegansydney » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:13 pm

MMW have produced some in the last several months that look to be a well thought out design.
vegansydney

Postby al pushpak » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Tractorman wrote:Sorry if I offended anyone, I must remember some poster are more sensitive than others.

No offense taken ;) I was just simply trying to point out that the brackets worked for me, I would hate to see this knowledgeable forum descend into the "bear pit" :shock: that is facebook & the other social media sites!! & that is the reason I'm not on them! cheers
al pushpak

Postby Knowledge » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:27 pm

Those MMW brackets are very neat, but £100 is a bit steep.

If the Beedspeed version have been successfully fitted, then I will buy some. But if they don’t, they will go straight back to where they came from.

Thanks Al.
Knowledge

Postby Fast n Furious » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:45 pm

Knowledge wrote:Those MMW brackets are very neat, but £100 is a bit steep.

If the Beedspeed version have been successfully fitted, then I will buy some. But if they don’t, they will go straight back to where they came from.

Thanks Al.

A ton for lower damper brackets! :o They would have to be something special at that price?
A new set of casa drum damper fork links will only set you back £90
Fast n Furious

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3