LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Frame and Part Numbers

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Frame and Part Numbers

Postby little_geoff » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi Guys,
Continuing the story of my Dad's S2, it turns out i know nothing of the specifics of this scooter. I know it's a series 2 but with my dad's "make do and mend" and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitudes i am unsure if the parts fitted to the bike are original. I do know i have at least 1 mystery donor bike, so not even sure all the bits are from the same bike. (i think the speedo panel is from a diff bike at least, but the mileage is about right for the registration docs) - dad said himself he resprayed it in the original Red and White colours. (although i think he just did the red parts -side panels, horn casing and speedo panel)

Firstly do the Frame and Chassis match? (and does this tell me anything, Does it matter?) Frame No:- 150Li* 936xxx Engine no:- Li 853*** - Does this give me an early or late series 2

Secondly, i used to work in a Car Parts shop, so used to the cross reference manuals, does something like this exist for the Lambretta? ie I have the original part numbers, but i am struggling for match this to a replacement part. I'd love to be able to keep as much of it as possible and do a sympathetic restoration. ie as myself and dad recall it rather than how it should be.. -( the exhuast seems to be the "AF big bore" type rather than the original one fitted.)
This is best illustrated with the rear light housing. I have it, i have the part numbers but i'm not sure if it's an early S2 or late? Which type of rear lens and housing do i need? (i think there are several) ...my dad just fitted a round light lens from...something! to make it legal.
I know it's not a part that is required immediately, but any help would be grateful in helping me solve this mystery, as i'd love to be able to re-use these parts rather than buy them new.

Housing Part no: ALTIS{hole}MO 8080101
rubber Seal no: CEV DIS 7328

(and i know - it's has more holes in it than swiss cheese)
20200909_100246783_iOS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
little_geoff

Re: Frame and Part Numbers

Postby Rich Oswald » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:54 pm

The frame No is from early '61 so mid production. IMO the engine No is too far apart from the frame to be the original one.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby rossclark » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:20 pm

You can pick up original parts catalogues - BUT they are collected and not cheap

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lambretta-se ... SwNZNe-G7G

Hardly any of the dealers you'll get parts from nowadays will order by the original parts catalogue number anyway, though it may be interesting for cross referencing that you really have got the right part.

So much is interchangeable across models that it often doesn't matter to use a part from another model unless you're going for absolute concourse accuracy.

According to Sticky's* manual after mid 1960 the larger CEV style the same as the S3 was used with a pressed reflector and bayonet bulb

*best money you'll spend on your Lambretta journey
rossclark

Postby little_geoff » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:03 pm

Thanks for the help on this. I am not surprised on the engine front...my dad is either doesn't know, or not telling me about the history of the bike, but i'll ask him if he swapped engines out.
little_geoff

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3