LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Lucas pathfinders

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Lucas pathfinders

Postby Psychedelicropcircle » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:48 am

Have purchased a new pathfinder, on the other one it appears to have a long stainless Centre bolt threaded on the outside. The new one doesn’t have the required length. Question is does anyone know where I can purchase the threaded rod ?See photos

https://imgur.com/a/KJHAKo4

https://imgur.com/a/jwLepmn
:(
Sorry team can only link via the phone
Psychedelicropcircle

Re: Lucas pathfinders

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:00 pm

I hope this helps :)

There are many threaded tubes available for electrical installations such as household lamps. The sizes of the thin walled tubes vary, one that sticks in my mind being M13 in one metre lengths. Basically, you need an externally threaded conduit, many of which will be plated, though that is not essential for your needs, I would imagine. If you are using the tube for earthing, plated brass (or just plain brass) is going to be better than stainless.

If you can work out what size you need, chances are you will find something if you look in that kind of market area. Ebay, amongst others, should have something. From memory, the Pathfinder lamp shells have a plain hole, so you ought to be able to find something suitable, along with back nuts etc that you can make fit. If the lamps are to be fitted to the legshield said with no inside toolbox, there may be stretchy rubber caps available that cabling can pass through. You cut the desired hole size in them to keep it all waterproof.

You should also be able to save yourself a few bob that way, because, as we all know, anything relative to 'Lambretta' or 'Classic Automotive' means instant KERCHING! to the seller.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby burnside » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:43 pm

burnside

Postby Psychedelicropcircle » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:58 pm

Thanks lads, I’ve found the item on jockeys site! Which is where I must have gotten sorted first time round!
Psychedelicropcircle

Postby burnside » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:29 pm

K2 customs is half the price....and UK based
burnside

Postby Psychedelicropcircle » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:19 am

burnside wrote:K2 customs is half the price....and UK based

Indeed! But I have a spare wheel carrier & then id need to buy two so they match!

F**king pocket drainers :evil:
Psychedelicropcircle

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3