LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Serveta front damper weld on brackets

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Serveta front damper weld on brackets

Postby mm man » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:58 pm

Hi
Can any one help I need to weld on the top bracket for the fat ( genuine) serveta front dampers .
Can anyone please give me a measurement from the bottom of the forks to the top bracket.
Any photos of the location of the top bracket Ideally a set of bare forks would be much appreciated but any photos will help .
Thanks in advance.

Ps is a single bracket with the welded on stud for the damper ( 8mm I think from memory)
mm man

Re: Serveta front damper weld on brackets

Postby Knowledge » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:16 pm

mm man wrote:is a single bracket with the welded on stud for the damper ( 8mm I think from memory)

I think it is a rather rare 9mm stud, because I had to convert mine to 8mm for the application I was using.

Sorry I don’t have the measurement for you, but a grown up will be along shortly with a set of forks and a tape measure.
Knowledge

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:33 pm

I've got a couple of sets of the forks but they're not easy to get to. The same as my memory TBH. I could write a note on my hand but there's already too many on it.....

If nobody else can supply the information, I will, but it make take some time, so please bear with me :roll:

BTW The M9 taps & dies were still available the last time I looked as I've got them, so do be careful not to b@st@rdise what you have.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby missing lynx » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:52 pm

Hi the bracket is 2cm top to bottom and it's 3cm from the forks to the centre of the bolt from centre of the 9mm bolt on the bracket to the centre of the link pivot bolt is 24.5cm hope this helps
missing lynx

Postby mm man » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:33 pm

Knowledge wrote:
mm man wrote:is a single bracket with the welded on stud for the damper ( 8mm I think from memory)

I think it is a rather rare 9mm stud, because I had to convert mine to 8mm for the application I was using.

Sorry I don’t have the measurement for you, but a grown up will be along shortly with a set of forks and a tape measure.

Thanks for that yes you are correct it’s 9mm
mm man

Postby mm man » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:40 pm

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:I've got a couple of sets of the forks but they're not easy to get to. The same as my memory TBH. I could write a note on my hand but there's already too many on it.....

If nobody else can supply the information, I will, but it make take some time, so please bear with me :roll:

BTW The M9 taps & dies were still available the last time I looked as I've got them, so do be careful not to b@st@rdise what you have.

Thanks very much for that I think I’m almost there I have now got the measurements I just have one more question is the top bracket welded down the centre line of the fork leg or slightly off set towards the outside edge.
Thanks again for your time.
Last edited by mm man on Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mm man

Postby mm man » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:45 pm

missing lynx wrote:Hi the bracket is 2cm top to bottom and it's 3cm from the forks to the centre of the bolt from centre of the 9mm bolt on the bracket to the centre of the link pivot bolt is 24.5cm hope this helps

Thanks very much for the measurements I have just been out to the garage and mocked it up now looking good and making sense but can I just ask one more question is the top bracket welded down the centre line of the fork leg or slightly off set towards the outside edge.
Thanks again for your time.
mm man

Postby missing lynx » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:22 pm

They're towards the outer side of the forks. I would bolt the shocker on the link and it should find it's own position at the top
missing lynx

Postby mm man » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:47 pm

missing lynx wrote:They're towards the outer side of the forks. I would bolt the shocker on the link and it should find it's own position at the top

Nice one thanks for that I had it mocked up like that and it sat best off centre so I just wanted to check before I get the welder stoked up.
Thanks again for your time and help it’s much appreciated. :D
mm man

Postby rossclark » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:16 pm

It's definitely to the outer side - I'll take a pic in the morning.
rossclark

Postby rossclark » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:33 pm

Found a couple

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rossclark

Postby mm man » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:17 am

rossclark wrote:Found a couple

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Excellent thanks very much for the photos and for your time nice one :D
mm man

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3