LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Vape ignition...which d.c version??

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Re: Vape ignition...which d.c version??

Postby coaster » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:20 pm

ULC Soulagent wrote:
coaster wrote:
Tractorman wrote:I did wonder how it all worked, thanks.

I currently run BGM stators wired for DC through Wassel regulators on both mt scoots charging a battery. This system works well but at low 'around town' speeds the headlamp takes more than the stator can supply so will gradually go flat and require frequent booster charges with a mains powered charger. The Vape puts out a lot more wattage than the BGM

That was my predicament as I have ten led lights tucked in behind the horn cover which are good but when my headlight was switched on, first my sip Speedo would die( go blank) followed by the headlight as the battery drained as bgm stator not giving enough juice at tickover and up too about 5000rpm, above that and my volt meter would show 13.00 which just kept my leds & Speedo working :?

I have an HID headlamp that only takes 35 watts and an led tail lamp which helps but if on a long run on a motorway I sometimes turn the headlamp off and the charging voltage up to 14.2v
coaster

Previous

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3