LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Clubman Exhausts Comparison

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Clubman Exhausts Comparison

Postby Specialcase » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:00 am

Hi All
I’ve got an RT195 + 25mm Carb kit from MB and wanted to use a 42mm MB/BGM Clubman exhaust system. However I can’t get one in the UK or Germany so am considering an AFRayspeed 42mm Clubman will there be any difference in performance? Also the AFR is about a third of the price! Am I going to get similar performance & reliability from AFR or is it a question of buy cheap buy twice (or thrice in AFR’s case)
If anybody has any opinions I would greatly appreciate them not too technical please that leads to white noise! - as Oddball said “ l can’t make em work I just ride em”
TVM
SC
Specialcase

Re: Clubman Exhausts Comparison

Postby shamrockexpress » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:33 am

I often wondered just how far apart a Budget AF club man/scootopia is away from the more expensive BGM/ancollotti/Ron Moss, big question does the BHP add upto the GBP :D :D :roll:
shamrockexpress

Postby vegansydney » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:21 am

I found this multi-part Clubman dyno 'shoot out' in Scootering fascinating. If you are looking at comparing an AF Clubman with the BGM I would highly recommend you pick up the relevant back issues.

I was pleasantly surprised by the findings, and in particular the conclusion:"I have my favorites of course, my number one being the standard exhaust! Not one aftermarket pipe matched the power up to 5,000 RPM". - referencing the late SX/GP exhaust without the 'mushroom' baffle.
Last edited by vegansydney on Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegansydney

Postby Nudger » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:57 am

I've used an AFRayspeed 42mm Clubman for years.
As for reliability; after each weekend ride I wipe it over with a rag dipped in old gearbox oil. I've never had one split, crack or rust away etc
Nudger

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3