LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

S1 Brake Pedal Upgrade

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

S1 Brake Pedal Upgrade

Postby Granty » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:32 pm

Hi - not sure if I'm missing something obvious. Doing a resto on a 1958 S1 with no brake light as standard. I've added a brake light switch and all is good, apart from the original pedal doesn't have the plunger pin to trigger the brake light. Will a S3 brake pedal fit the s1 frame OK and obviously have the small plunger on it to trigger the brake light switch? Or is there a bodge or can I alter the original brake pedal by gluing or tapping a small nut onto the pedal? Cheers G
Granty

Re: S1 Brake Pedal Upgrade

Postby Knowledge » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:09 pm

I think the S1 and S3 pedals are significantly different. I think there are photos of all three types on pedal in the Spanner’s Guide.

If I had this problem, I would consider adding some weld to the top of this pedal until it made the pad for activating the brake light switch.

A welder and an angle grinder make a great combination.
Knowledge

Postby bike grim » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:05 am

Framebreather S1 has different brake light switch. Casa do them.
S2 brake pedal will fit with the S1 return spring and later type switch but you’ll have to drill cross member to fit it (sounds like you’ve already done that)
bike grim

Postby Granty » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:09 pm

Yes, that's right, I've fitted a new switch when I replaced the loom, I'm going to try a new style spring instead on the S1 to see if the S3/3 pedal spring will return the pedal a bit higher and tighter to engage the switch. If it does it maybe a combination of that and building up some weld. -- the joys I guess.
Granty

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3