LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Help! I need a Guru/Mentor - Walsall

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Help! I need a Guru/Mentor - Walsall

Postby Specialcase » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:13 am

Hi All
I need a Guru/Mentor
I’m reaching my peak now it comes to wiring my LiS RT 195. Is there anybody who can spare me some time in the Walsall area? I’m trying to wire up my Headset with a “onesizefitsall” MB loom to my original CEV block! It’s all spaghetti! Anyone out there in Lamboland?
Ever hopeful
Cheers
Spl
Specialcase

Re: Help! I need a Guru/Mentor - Walsall

Postby missing lynx » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:31 pm

Wiring with a basic loom is simple it should be basic colour to colour. The terminal block on the back of your light has colour coded sockets. The only thing you may find is you have a spare purple/blue from your key ignition just connect it to the browns. And of course Sticky's book is a very handy reference.
missing lynx

Postby Specialcase » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:47 pm

Thanks for that....problem is I have more wires than holes also the colours on the block were bright in’64 but like me they ain’t doing so well now! If this is phasing me now imagine what the legshielsds are gonna do to me! Just thought there might be someone out there who could just come and look to tell me what I’m doing wrong and what’s right! I seem to be putting everything back at least 4 times before it seems correct. SO FAR SLOW GOOD!
Also why is it when you buy a nut & bolt kit they’re nothing like the original stuff I’ve taken off - seems to be a “onesizefitsall” Policy! Most are too long the & suppliers just say “get the Dremmell out” so far Seat fixings, Rear Mudguard hence I’m dreading the panels!
Hey ho!
Specialcase

Postby missing lynx » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:47 pm

Most fixing kits are just put together from off the shelf nut and bolts brought in bulk from engineering supplies or the far east so they are just sold as are! As for the wiring as long as the same colours go together you should be fine if you can't see the colour on the connecting block just make sure you look at the back of it to see which sockets are connected together. You will need an earth connected to the white and the speedo bulb wire connects to the blacks I always run an earth from the speedo bulb casing as well. I hope this helps. You may find people reluctant to come round while this covid thing is going on
missing lynx

Postby Specialcase » Sat May 01, 2021 11:53 am

Thanks ML
I’ve found a great place in Walsall - EC Pitcher Greta place for all fixings. I think I’ll leave the headset wiring until the last minute and get on with the rest. In my lockup I tend to forget that there is a Pandemic gong on - Amazing how Lambrettas can focus the mind!
Specialcase

Postby coaster » Sat May 01, 2021 4:43 pm

Some good advice so far, Sticky's Complete Spanners Guide is a MUST have but as said, the standard wiring is very simple and there should be somwhere for all the ORIGINAL wires to plug into in the headset. BUT if yours has an aftermarket ignition switch there will be a bunch of wires that you dont need.
coaster

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3