LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Giuliari Dual Seat

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Giuliari Dual Seat

Postby Specialcase » Sat May 01, 2021 12:02 pm

On my ‘64 LiS I have a Giuliari dual seat frame (stamped) and originally had the original 4 vertical parallel springs fitted. I’ve now purchased a new set of springs and the vertical ones are tapered. I can’t seem to figure out whether the taper is at the top or the bottom of the seat frame, also the link going across the frame doesn’t seem to fit symmetrically! Does anyone have picture they could post of how it should go? Or have I got the wrong springs? Can’t seem to find anything on the web! Can anyone help me please?
TIA
Spl
Specialcase

Re: Giuliari Dual Seat

Postby Specialcase » Mon May 10, 2021 6:01 pm

Anybody help? Even a picture of the original spring set up or even who sells a good set - got mine off flea-bay again “onesizefitsall”
TIA
Specialcase

Postby nickw » Mon May 10, 2021 6:36 pm

Hiya, sorry I can't help because I only have later coffin seats. There is this one on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lambretta-Or ... i6EALw_wcB

and this on RLC

https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/e ... tv175.html

which may help

Where did you get the springs from?
nickw

Postby Nigel. S » Mon May 10, 2021 7:16 pm

On my repro seat the tapered springs are thin end at top in middle of seat, thin end at bottom at rear of seat. I've taken some pics if needed but messenger would be easier.
Nigel. S

Postby Specialcase » Mon May 10, 2021 11:39 pm

DF4A24FB-3B31-4CF6-BE2D-8CB38E7E2F1C.jpeg

06797D0E-3310-4653-AF0C-4DD247793C56.jpeg

Hi Nickw and all
Above are the two different type of springs - having fitted the tapered ones they don’t sit vertically and are really out of kilter.
Got them from “pargrey” on eBay the cross piece that joins the two sets of springs is slightly longer at the ends. I’ve just discovered from Mr Google that the tapered springs might be for a “wide body” TV
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Specialcase

Postby bookertmgs1 » Mon May 17, 2021 2:46 pm

The parrellel springs are available from scootopia - item ref:- TN59K53P

I;m looking for some springs for an Aquila seat from a TV2 - cant find them anywhere other than in Italy at a cost of 48 euro + shipping - which is more than I am willing to pay.

They are tapered - but not the same as the pargrey ones above - If anyone knows of anywhere else that I could possibly get them from - please shout
bookertmgs1

Postby Specialcase » Mon May 17, 2021 3:40 pm

Cant inure out why the front coil springs don’t sit vertically - should these be parallel springs, when I got the new spring kit there were only tapered springs.. I’ve enclosed photos just so someone can see what the problem is.just looked at a new seat cover but it seems too wide!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Specialcase

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3