LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Exhaust fitting issues

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Exhaust fitting issues

Postby Tequipment » Sun May 02, 2021 5:24 pm

After being frustrated with poorly made parts, I decided to go with the Casa standard exhaust for my standard Li125.
It turns out there are 3 types, so after a bit of research I found I had to buy the Casa exhaust and U bend separately for the late Series 2. Their website was very contradictory and had wrong pictures and part numbers.
I ordered it from Rimini and it looked awesome quality when it arrived.
I just spent the afternoon trying to fit it, but when I bolt the U bend on and slide the box onto it, the mounting points are about an inch or 2 from the chaincase studs.
It also seems to be sitting a bit too high at the front and will probably foul the legshields/footboards when I go to fit them.
I've tried every angle possible, but it seems to need bending down and back a bit.
No easy job, as the metal is pretty thick.

Am I expecting too much by thinking it'd go straight on?
Being Casa, I'd hoped it would trouble free.
Or is it normal to require some degree of bending to get it to fit?
Tequipment

Re: Exhaust fitting issues

Postby missing lynx » Sun May 02, 2021 6:45 pm

No you're not expecting too much it should fit without a problem. I'm assuming your engine is a std S2? I would contact Casa send them some pictures( I've found them very helpful) and ask for a replacement or re fund
missing lynx

Postby Tequipment » Wed May 05, 2021 6:57 pm

Can I just check how long it took them to get back to you.
I've still had no reply to my email and I even followed up with a direct message on their Instagram account, but I've heard nothing.

I'm reluctant to phone them as although I imagine their English is very good, I worried about explaining the issue without them seeing the photos.
Tequipment

Postby nickw » Thu May 06, 2021 12:29 pm

Rimini usually have a very good support service. I do find using messenger from Facebook the quickest. The generic email doesn't always get a response. Their English is very good and a telephone call may give you a better response. There are certain anomalies with a series 2 exhaust (I have had problems fitting mine) due the the barrel height. It sounds to me as though you may have the incorrect u bend. My exhaust was not a Casa exhaust. I had a Lambretta expert bend and cut the u bend to fit.
nickw

Postby missing lynx » Thu May 06, 2021 12:34 pm

Last time I emailed them they replied the following day but that was pre covid
missing lynx

Postby Tequipment » Thu May 06, 2021 1:11 pm

It looks like there are 3 types for S1/S2, but from their guide, I ordered the right one. This is from the year and counting the fins below the exhaust port.

I've tried their Sales email address, rather than the Info one this morning, so I'll give that a bit longer and then I'll have to call them or install FB Messenger.

Thanks for your feedback.
Tequipment

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3