LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Chain-case variance's.

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Chain-case variance's.

Postby mick996r » Wed May 05, 2021 7:07 pm

I recently purchased a 1962 / 63 series 3 chain case on e-bay and sent it off for chroming. No problem, except on having a better look the chain case had the cut out / recess for the kick start arm but only one strengthening lugs / bar underneath the kick start spindle. My original chain case (June 1963 series 3) has the cut out and the extra 4 off ribs / lugs molded in the casting around the kick start shaft. I first considered that the one I purchased was a series 2 but was informed that they do not have the cut out / recess. Now there is another chain case for sale on e-bay exactly the same as the one I purchased (cut out but only one lug / bar). I contacted the seller who informed me he removed it from his 1962 series 3 Li150. So I am now thinking that for the early series 3 models they had only the one lug / bar strengthener under the kick start shaft and was modified some time in 1963. I have looked for an Innocenti mod / update but cannot find one. Can anybody confirm?
mick996r

Re: Chain-case variance's.

Postby Rich Oswald » Thu May 06, 2021 11:04 am

Looking in Vittorio's book the very early S3's had just the one strengthener underneath and then changed to the side case with four strengthening lugs in early '62.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby missing lynx » Thu May 06, 2021 12:28 pm

That's not a strengthening bar that's the other side of the spring retaining hole
missing lynx

Postby mick996r » Thu May 06, 2021 5:03 pm

Thanks for the information.
mick996r

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3