LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Air Hose Clip

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Air Hose Clip

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Sat May 08, 2021 7:20 pm

As we all know there isn't really an air hose that will fit a PHBL 25 carb properly. The air hose for the twenty ml carb will do, if a bit of a struggle to get on. It's probably not going to come off, but with all the heat and oil you can't tell. Is there a clip that will do the trick and fasten it? Standard clips aren't quite big enough I find.
ToBoldlyGo

Re: Air Hose Clip

Postby dickie » Sat May 08, 2021 11:29 pm

I suppose it depends what you mean by properly.

But the MB hose fitted my m phbl25 perfectly. This was with an airbox.
dickie

Postby Tractorman » Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 am

I have a Scootopia one that has been on since I fitted the carb several years ago without any problems.
Tractorman

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Sun May 09, 2021 9:45 pm

dickie wrote:I suppose it depends what you mean by properly.

But the MB hose fitted my m phbl25 perfectly. This was with an airbox.

Well I find that the 20mm hose has to be stretched to fit the mouth of the carb. The trouble is that the average 20ml hose clip will not open enough to make it any easier. Really I was just wondering if there might be a jubilee type clip that was slightly bigger, or with a longer screw that opened further. I really should find more important things to worry about. :lol:
ToBoldlyGo

Postby landybretta » Mon May 10, 2021 9:35 am

When I had my PHBL 25mm carb fitted a few years ago the supplier recommended I use the larger air hose fitted to the GP150/200. Also recommended the large clamp that is used for the top of the air hose be used at the bottom with the GP hose. Been fitted for years with no problems at all.
I also find that if you push the air hose as far up the air inlet manifold as possible it helps to keep the bottom of the carb away from the cowling.
landybretta

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3